to Phonola and later (from 1960 to 1964) to Brionvega. In 1956 he founded ADI (Associazione per il Design Industriale) with his brothers and was its president from 1959 to 1960.
From 1972 to 1979 he was the co-owner of the firm on Via Presolana with his son Piero, and designed lighting projects for several public and private art galleries, as well as for hotels, offices, showrooms, shops, private homes, and temporary shows in Italy and abroad. The special editions of their lighting appliances, crafted on a small scale, included the Scintilla lighting system.
He designed for several companies, including Alessi, Artemide, Fontana Arte, Stilnovo.
He died in Milan in 1979.