(hereinafter, for the sake of brevity, the "Company
"), in its capacity as Data Controller
, wishes to inform you, pursuant to Articles 13 and 14
of European Regulation 679/2016 on the protection of personal data ("Regulation" or the English acronym "GDPR
") and national legislation, including the individual measures of the Supervisory Authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali), where applicable, that the personal data you provide will be processed in compliance with the legislative and contractual provisions in force for the purposes and in the manner indicated below.
The personal data that we ask you to provide in the contact channels set up by the Company are collected solely for the purpose of responding to your request.
1. Type of personal data
As part of the process of responding to your enquiries, the Company mainly processes the following categories of common personal data:
- Personal data (Name, Surname);
- Contact details (email, telephone);
- Contact details (country, city, address)
- User profile (Professional, Private person or company, Profession);
- Further information related to your request (products of interest, etc.).
2. Purpose of processing and legal basis of processing
Your data may be processed for the following purposes:
a) to respond to your requests for information. The legal basis for the processing is the execution of pre-contractual measures
(Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR);
b) to send promotional messages, by means of newsletters/commercial communications, regarding the Company's products and/or events and other initiatives promoted by Artemide. For this purpose, your consent is
required on the basis of Article 6, paragraph 1, letter a) GDPR;
c) to use the data we hold about you in order to suggest other products which we believe will be of interest to you, Your consent
is required for this purpose on the basis of Article 6(1)(a) GDPR.
Any further unnecessary categories of personal data (e.g. special categories of data or judicial data) provided by the data subject or any third parties will be deleted immediately and will not be processed.
The legal basis of the processing is to be found:
- for the purposes referred to in point a) in the execution of pre-contractual measures, as referred to in Article 6(1)(b) GDPR;
- for the purposes referred to in points b) and c), the legal basis of such activities is to be found in the consent of the data subject
, pursuant to Article 6, point 1, letter a) of the Regulation
3. Methods of processing and nature of the contribution
Personal data shall be processed by the Company and its employees using computerised and manual systems in accordance with the principles of correctness,
loyalty and transparency provided for by the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and protecting the confidentiality of the data subject and his/her rights by adopting suitable technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
The provision of such data for the purposes referred to in point a) is necessary in order to be able to respond to your requests and failure to provide such data will make it impossible to fulfil them. The provision of data for the purposes referred to in point b) is necessary in order to provide
the requested Newsletter service. Subscription to the Newsletter service is optional and is not necessary in order to respond to your requests for information. In addition, in order to stop receiving the newsletter, it will be sufficient to click on the appropriate link contained in each newsletter
e-mail, or by sending an e-mail to the Controller using the respective contact details indicated in this information notice. The provision of data for the purposes referred to in point c) is optional and will not affect in any way the possibility of receiving the information requested. However,
if you do not provide your consent for this purpose, we will not be able to provide you with suggestions on products that we believe will be of interest to you.
4. Data retention
Your data will be processed on paper and electronically, by automated and non-automated means, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected by Artemide. In particular, the data processed for the purposes referred to in paragraph 2, letter a) of this statement
will be kept for the time strictly necessary to handle your request and, subsequently, will be kept for a period of no more than 2 years from the last contact. The data processed for the purposes referred to in paragraph 2, b) and c) will be kept only for the period of time during which the requested
service is active, and in any case for a period of time not exceeding two years from the start of the service.
5. Communication, dissemination and transfer of data
For the purposes indicated above, your personal data may be communicated to the Italian companies that are part of the Artemide group as well as communicated to third parties not belonging to the group that provide information services related to the purposes indicated above, subject to appropriate identification of their respective Data Protection roles and settlement of their respective roles and responsibilities in the contractual relationship existing with the third party. Furthermore, the data will be communicated to the employees appointed for this purpose within the Company, duly authorised and instructed by the Data Controller. Your data may also be communicated to the Judicial Authorities, to the Postal Police and to other Authorities that may request it.
The data are generally not transferred outside the European Union; however, should it be necessary to transfer the data to countries outside the European Economic Area, the Company undertakes to guarantee adequate levels of protection and safeguards, including contractual safeguards, in accordance with applicable regulations, including the stipulation of standard contractual clauses. Your data will not be disseminated in any way.
6. Identity and contact details of the data controller
The data controller is the Company Artemide S.p.A.
with registered office at Via Bergamo 18, 20006 Pregnana Milanese, MI, Italy, TVA (IT)00846890150, which can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com
7. Rights of the data subject
The interested party may exercise, in relation to the data processing described herein, the rights provided for by the Regulation (Articles 15-21), including:
- receive confirmation of the existence of your personal data and access to their content (access rights);
- update, amend and/or correct your personal data (right of rectification);
- request the deletion or restriction of data processed in breach of the law, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or otherwise processed (right to erasure and right to restriction);
- object to the processing (right to object);
- withdraw consent, where given, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the withdrawal;
- to receive a copy of the data in electronic format concerning him/her made in the context of the selection process (e.g. data concerning previous work experience) and to request that such data be transmitted to another data controller (right to data portability).
The relevant requests must be brought to the attention of the Data Controller at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
, specifying the subject of the request.
8. Right of complaint
Data subjects who consider that their personal data is being processed in breach of the provisions of the Regulation have the right to lodge a complaint with the Garante for the protection of personal data, as provided for in Article 77 of the Regulation, or to take legal action (Article 79 of the Regulation).